Summary of recents posts and pieces of interest, sometimes enduring, to investors:
- JP Morgan's annual report is out and worth a read. Brooklyn Investor adds some context. My favorite quote - "Other than in Silicon Valley, failure is severely punished"
- A group of sixth graders won $5,000 in a stock picking contest beating out college students. The story reinforces the notion that advances math or guru insight is not required to win in the stock market. The 6th graders beat the university clubs by picking stocks like Netflix, Starbucks, Under Armour, Facebook, Amazon, Google and Priceline.com. (HT @investimouse)
- Amni Rusli - Investing is the Business of Interpreting Dreams - a think piece on among other things: measuring the non-measurable
- A review of William Bernstein's 99 cent eBook for millenials "If you can: How Millenials Can Get Rich Slowly" and more from Tadas Viskanta.
- Procter & Gamble raised its dividend by 7% which is ok but not a huge number, however that they raised it for the 58th consecutive year which is a huge track record.
- Its getting close to the Berkshire annual meeting, looks like they are going with a baseball theme this year